East Sussex & Ashford
Experience: 15+ Years Greenkeeping at various golf courses.
Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 in Greenkeeping & Sports Turf Maintenance
Hi, I’m Jon, your local Lawn Master representative in East Sussex and Ashford and the surrounding areas. Some of the areas that I cover include: Tunbridge Wells, Wadhurst, Crowborough, Hartfield, Cranbrook, Etchingham, Mayfield, Ashford, Tenterden, Rye, Robertsbridge, Battle, Hastings, Winchelsea, Bexhill-On-Sea and other surrounding areas.
I have been a greenkeeper all of my working life. I undertook work experience at Battle Golf Club when I was 15 and enjoyed the experience so much that I was offered summer work there during the school holidays. I was then offered an apprenticeship by the club which I undertook when I left school:
I worked at Battle Golf Club until the age of 21, and during my time there I undertook qualifications in Sports Turf Management. I was then offered a job as a greenkeeper at Rye Golf Club, which is ranked in the top 50 golf courses in the UK.
During my time at Rye Golf Club, I completed further qualifications in Sports Turf Management and was promoted to 1st Assistant Greenkeeper. I was reponsible for leading a team of staff in all areas of greenkeeping including the construction of greens, tees and bunkers.
I am a fully qualified greenkeeper with NVQ Level 2 qualifications in Greenkeeping & Sports Turf Management and also a Level 3 Diploma in Sports Turf Maintenance. I achieved my qualifications in Plumpton College and Hadlow College.
What Jon Can Do For You
With my many years of experience in the turf industry, I can put a treatment plan together to help tackle the common problems that your lawns are dealting with, such as:
- Poor lawn drainge - A lot of lawns I visit struggle with heavy clay soils. I can explain how introducing elements of sand can improve drainge and help nutrient retention in your lawn.
- Chafer Grubs and Leatherjackets - These are common grub problems in East Sussex and professional treatments are required to control them. If they are left without treatment, the result can be a ruined lawn.
- Red Thread - A very common lawn disease that often occurs in the summer in times of humidity. I can provide treatments to prevent or cure this lawn problem.
- Moss - A very common problem on a large scale in a lot of lawns. I can put together a plan of action to control and rid your lawn of moss so that the grass can flourish.
- Weeds - Most weeds can easily be controlled with a single application of our professional products. Some weeds however, such as slender speedwell and yarrow require a well though out treatment plan to completely eradicate them.
- Casting Worms - A common problem on a lot of lawns in the winter months. I can apply treatments to stop the surface of your lawns becoming muddy.
It’s important to understand that all lawns are different and therefore every lawn I deal with requires a bespoke plan to rectify its problems. On your free quotation, I will explain your lawn problems in detail, and the exact steps required to rectify them.