East Sussex & Ashford
Your Local Lawn Master Expert
Jonathan Novis is your local Lawn Master contact in Tunbridge Wells, East Sussex & Ashford.
Years Greenkeeping at various golf courses.
Qualifications & Achievements
in Greenkeeping & Sports Turf Maintenance.
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Turf Maintenance.
What Jonathan Novis Can Do For You
With my many years of experience in the lawn care/ turf industry, I can put a lawn care treatment plan together to help tackle the common problems that your lawns are dealting with, such as:
- Poor lawn drainge - A lot of lawns I visit struggle with heavy clay soils. I can explain how introducing elements of sand can improve drainge and help nutrient retention in your lawn.
- Chafer Grubs and Leatherjackets - These are common grub problems in East Sussex and professional treatments are required to control them. If they are left without treatment, the result can be a ruined lawn.
- Red Thread - A very common lawn disease that often occurs in the summer in times of humidity. I can provide treatments to prevent or cure this lawn problem.
- Moss - A very common problem on a large scale in a lot of lawns. I can put together a plan of action to control and rid your lawn of moss so that the grass can flourish.
- Weeds - Most weeds can easily be controlled with a single application of our professional products. Some weeds however, such as slender speedwell and yarrow require a well though out treatment plan to completely eradicate them.
- Casting Worms - A common problem on a lot of lawns in the winter months. I can apply treatments to stop the surface of your lawns becoming muddy.
It’s important to understand that all lawns are different and therefore every lawn I deal with requires a bespoke plan to rectify its problems. On your free quotation, I will explain your lawn problems in detail, and what lawn care services are required to rectify them.
Jonathan Novis's Background
I have been a greenkeeper all of my working life. I undertook work experience at Battle Golf Club when I was 15 and enjoyed the experience so much that I was offered summer work there during the school holidays. I was then offered an apprenticeship by the club which I undertook when I left school:
- I worked at Battle Golf Club until the age of 21, and during my time there I undertook qualifications in Sports Turf Management. I was then offered a job as a Greenkeeper at Rye Golf Club, which is ranked in the top 50 golf courses in the UK.
- During my time at Rye Golf Club, I completed further qualifications in Sports Turf Management and was promoted to 1st Assistant Greenkeeper. I was reponsible for leading a team of staff in all areas of greenkeeping including the construction of greens, tees and bunkers.
Where I Cover
You can contact Jonathan Novis for a free lawn quotation if you live in or near any of the following areas:
Tunbridge Wells, Wadhurst, Crowborough, Hartfield, Cranbrook, Etchingham, Mayfield, Ashford, Tenterden, Rye, Robertsbridge, Battle, Hastings, Winchelsea, Bexhill-On-Sea and any surrounding areas.
Great advice, and took immediate action to help with the saving my waterlogged lawn. Excellent service happy to recommend. Well done Sussex branch.
Fantastic service from booking in my quote to carrying out the lawn treatments! Very impressed & I would definitely recommend Lawn Master. The difference in our lawn is fantastic.