Lawn Master’s History
Lawn Master was established in the 1990s as a family business with the intention of providing a professional lawn care and treatment service to domestic properties along the North Wales coast.
Lawn Master is still owned by Bob and Rachel Underhill with the head office based in St Asaph, North Wales where Bob was born.
For the past nineteen years, Lawn Master has been providing professional lawn care services and expanding across the UK with a big difference. The difference being that we insist that all of our franchisees are pre experienced turf industry professionals.
Our overall aim is to provide our customers with a lawn that they can be proud of. It’s very important to us that our customers have a highly qualified greenkeeper or groundsman care for their lawn to get the best results possible.
Over the years, we have continuously introduced various method changes such as aerating without the need of leaving messy cores on the surface of a lawn.
More recently, we also introduced our own Lawn Renovation Programme called Regener8. Both of the above methods have since been copied by our competitors.
With all of our outlets, we now cover a large proportion of the UK. For example, we now have five outlets in Scotland alone.
Almost anyone can have a local greenkeeper or premiership football club groundsman treat their lawn for little or no more cost than what our inexperienced competitors would charge you.
It does beg the question, “If you can have a qualified greenkeeper care for your lawn, why use anyone else?
The Best the Industry Has to Offer
Over the years, through our association with the professional turf industry, we have gained great interest from some of the most respected people in the industry. Many of these people now run their own Lawn Master outlets in different parts of the UK.
To name some of these people and the places that they have worked, include:
- Jon Eves in Bromley and Dartford – Tottenham Hotspur & Chelsea FC Assistant Head Groundsman.
- Simon Marsh in Surrey – St Mellion, Harleyford and 5 Star Pennyhill Park Hotel Head Groundsman/Golf Course Manager. Also named among top 10 British Greenkeepers in 2008.
- Spencer Haines in Basingstoke – Hartley Whitney Golf Club Course Manager.
- Alix Ramsier in Caterham – Chelsea FC Assistant Head Groundsman. (worked alongside Jon Eves)
- Kevin Unsworth in Guildford – Royal Winchester Golf Club Course Manager.
- Geraint Scannell in Cardiff – Maintained pitches used by The British Lions, Manchester United, Manchester City & Real Madrid
- Andy Lloyd in St Albans – Arsenal FC Groundsman (second in charge to Grounds Manager)
- Jonathan Novis in East Sussex – Rye Golf Club 1st Assistant Greenkeeper
- Mark Henderson in Lowestoft – Rookery Golf Park Golf Club Head Greenkeeper
- Alan Lawrie in Lowestoft – Royal Musselburgh Golf Club Head Greenkeeper
The above are just a few examples of the highly qualified people who have joined us.
The first lawn care company to achieve ISO 9001...
In 2010, we became the first lawn treatment company to be accredited with ISO 9001 certification.
This is an internationally established accreditation, achieved from our demonstration of excellent customer service and business management systems across the UK.
...and the first lawn care company to achieve ISO 14001
Additionally, in 2016 we became the first lawn care company to become ISO 14001 certified. This standard demonstrates our responsible attitude towards the environment and how we minimise our environmental impact.
Going for Gold...
From our commitment of sourcing the best people in the turf care industry over the years, we have been asked to help with the preparation of a number of sporting events across the UK.
In 2012, our staff were recruited to help prepare the pitches for the 2012 Olympics. Our team led the grounds staff on a daily basis, preparing three training pitches for Team GB, Senegal and Brazil.
Our aims for the future are to continue to grow successfully. Providing the highest levels of service and knowledge to our customers is paramount, therefore ensuring that the right people treat your lawns is extremely important to us.
Choosing the wrong company to treat your lawns can waste both your time and money. Correct fertiliser applications for example are essential, and a trained eye is needed to identify what your lawn really requires.
Please remember: If anyone earnestly believes that they can compensate for a lack of skills and training by doubling their efforts, there’s no end to what can’t be achieved.
Lawn Master Vehicle Development Over the Years