Moray & North Aberdeenshire
Your Local Lawn Master Expert
Josh Lester is your local Lawn Master contact in Moray & North Aberdeenshire.
Years Greenkeeping at various golf courses. Foremr Head Greenkeeper.
Qualifications & Achievements
in Sports Turf & Amenity Horticulture
I have since taken every opportunity available to continue my professional development through the many various courses also offered through BIGGA (The British and International Golf Greenkeepers’ Association).
What Josh Lester Can Do For You
With over 25 years of valuable experience as a greenkeeper, the knowledge I have gained can be applied to domestic lawns to achieve the same results by the most cost-effective means. I can create an individual lawn treatment plan that will resolve all your lawn problems, such as:
- Poor lawn drainage
- Red Thread
- Fusarium patch
- Casting Worms
It’s important to understand that ALL lawns are different and therefore every lawn I see has a bespoke plan to properly rectify its problems. On your free quotation I will explain your lawn problems in detail, and the exact steps required to rectify them. If you decide to accept, I will also advise and guide you on how best to care for your lawn in between visits for best results.
Josh Lester's Background
My career in greenkeeping spans over 25 years, the last 6 years of which I have been as Head Greenkeeper. The golf courses I have worked at include:
- Alford Golf Club where I first started greenkeeping and became 1st assistant.
- Peterhead Golf Club where I worked as 1st Assistant.
- Newmachar Golf Club where I worked for the first time as Deputy Head Greenkeeper.
- Fraserburgh Golf Club where I also worked as Deputy Head Greenkeeper.
- Longside Golf Club where I worked for the first time as Head Greenkeeper.
- Insch Golf Club where I also worked as Head Greenkeeper.
Over the course of my career I have worked on a range of Parkland and Links courses, providing the opportunity to learn and experience a good variety of different soil types and conditions, including:
- Sandy soils - light, dry, low in nutrients and often acidic.
- Clay-based soils - heavy and easily compacted, wet and cold in winter, baked dry in summer.
- Silt soils - fertile, light but moisture-retentive, also easily compacted.
- Loam - a mixture of clay, sand and silt.
- Stony soils with little organic matter or nutrients.
- Adverse conditions ranging from heat, severe cold, shade, flooding, poor drainage, drought, soil degradation, compaction and erosion.
Where I Cover
You can contact Josh Lester for a free lawn quotation if you live in or near any of the following areas:
Moray, Aberlour, Ballindalloch, Banff, Buckie, Elgin, Ellon, Peterhead, Forres, Fraserburgh, Grantown On Spey, Huntly, Insch, Inverurie, Keith, Lossiemouth, Newburgh, Tomintoul, Turriff and any surrounding areas.
Josh has made a fantastic job of our lawn. We initially used a handyman/ gardener type to establish the lawn at our new house. The grass was patchy, there were weeds and it was lumpy. I called Josh and in a few weeks he'd dealt with the old mess and established a beautiful new lawn. I wish I'd called him first! He really knows his stuff and is passionate about it. Highly recommended!
The service I have received has been amazing. Josh turned my lawn around very quickly from moss and brown grass to a thriving green lawn. He kept me informed of all work required and was able to accommodate my requirements. Brilliant service and I would highly recommend.
Fantastic results from Lawn Master! We had tried for a while to get the lawn half way respectable with no results. Josh came to us and within weeks we have a lawn that"s the envy of all. Cannot recommend enough. Genuine guy who definitely knows his trade
I thought my lawn was beyond repair, I contacted Lawn Master and they went through the repair/recovery process in a way you will understand. It now looks so much better already with a few treatments to go, and it will be in tip top shape soon. Good friendly and efficient service. Thanks Josh!
Our grass was a real state and almost had me pulling my hair out. Half the lawn is completely shaded by big trees and nothing grew, but since Josh reseeded with the right type of grass it has come back to life!